Do you have a keen interest in accounting and financial reporting, excellent analytical skills and a desire to be part of a global diverse finance team? Do you enjoy close collaboration with colleagues and having your own areas of responsibility, then this may be a role for you! Maersk Supply Service is looking for a skilled finance professional to join the team in Rio.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and international environment, where you will be given responsibility from the start. You will be part of a professional and experienced team responsible for delivering high-quality financial reporting and accounting services.
You will join the Maersk Supply Service office in Rio de Janeiro, and work closely with different local and international stakeholders, all focused on succeeding as a team through close collaboration.
In Maersk Supply Service, you will be working with a highly specialized organization that provides reliable, safe and efficient offshore solutions to the global oil & gas and renewables industry. With our modern, versatile fleet of vessels, we offer top-of-the-line services to our customers.
At Maersk Supply Service, you will have the room to develop your skills, innovate and do things differently. You will be joining a culturally diverse and stimulating environment.
As Financial Accountant, you are expected to deliver high quality accounting and financial reporting within a well-defined area of responsibility.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Accounting and reporting in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP
- Month-end closing activities using IFS (general bookkeeping, accruals etc.)
- Reporting to A.P. Moller-Maersk using OneStream
- Monthly internal control compliance (controls performed and reviewed timely)
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts incl. supporting documentation
- Intercompany reconciliation and settlement
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts and audit queries
- Supporting with tax compliance
- Being engaged, proactive and professional in handling the monthly accounting book close
- Ensuring all accounting/ fiscal tasks outsourced to third parties are reviewed and compliant
- Backup for customer invoicing and treasury accounting processes; and
- Adhoc projects.
We are looking for
A qualified Financial Accountant with at least 3-5 years’ experience from an international organization or large audit firm. You thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment and can engage and collaborate with colleagues around the Globe.
As a person you have:
- Obtained certification with the Company Accountant Register (CRC)
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as an Accountant preferable in the offshore industry
- Experience from an international organization or large audit firm (considered a plus)
- Good interpersonal skills
- You are energized and enjoy teamwork
- Have a result and detail-oriented mindset
- Analytical and resourceful profile
- Speak and write English fluently as our corporate language is English
- Knowledge of Brazilian finance / local legislation
- Knowledge of IFS is preferred but not essential
The position will be based in Rio de Janeiro.