Do you have a passion for maritime operations in the offshore energy sector? Do you have knowledge of operations management and can create results with support from a broad organization? Do you thrive in an exciting and dynamic work environment? Do you like to take on responsibilities as a contract owner on key projects, including profit and loss (P&L) management and close customer interaction? Do you excel in a fast-paced setting where your ability to make decisions is key? Do you want to work in an industry-leading company with a culture of innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, and collaboration? If so, then we have the right job for you.
You will be a part of Fleet Management and be reporting to the Senior Operations Manager. As Operations Manager Rio de Janeiro, you will directly manage the assigned vessel operations and contract executions in Brazil, ensuring compliance. This role with having P&L responsibility and exposure to the entire organization, playing a key role in the day-to-day success of the business. You will interact with customers and suppliers in Brazil and ensure service delivery according to the contract. You will be a part of the local office and ensure compliance with Brazilian regulations.
- Promote safety and, in all respects, demonstrate visible leadership in safety on board and in the office.
- Promote compliance and, in all respects, demonstrate visible leadership in driving the CAP process, identification of deficiency root causes, and implementation of preventative actions for continual improvement on board and in the office.
- Ensure that company policies, processes, procedures, and work instructions regarding compliance with the ISM code and other statutory rules, codes, or other regulations applicable to operations and vessels are followed, including vessel certificates.
- Manage daily operations with clients and vessels to ensure excellent customer service.
- Proactively engage with customers on and off-site to provide an excellent customer experience, attend the track and follow up on customer service deviations.
- Ensure correct and timely invoicing to customers and make accounting provisions in case a loss is expected.
- Follow up with customers to ensure all debts are collected in a timely manner.
- A regular and continuous dialogue with offshore management to monitor and improve performance
- Coaching and dialogue with the Master and Chief Engineer on matters relevant to the efficient and safe operation of the vessel
- Support the offshore staff for the on-board performance of the vessels.
- Contribute to developing and achieving the department’s overall business and strategic goals.
Who we are looking for:
You have 7-10 years of experience with marine asset management and supplier management, preferably from the offshore industry. You are solution-oriented and are willing to walk the extra mile to support our customers. You have experience with navigating in a global company. You have a positive mindset and are good at coordinating across functions in a collaborative manner. You must be eager to learn and take ownership of your area of responsibility. Additionally, you must be willing to challenge the status quo when needed. You have experience with people management and are self-starting. You are experienced with making decisions based on input from various stakeholders and are comfortable doing so.
You have excellent English and Portuguese skills, both written and verbal, and feel comfortable working in a multicultural setting.
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of marine services and integrated solutions to the energy sector worldwide, with a large fleet of anchor-handling tug supply vessels and subsea support vessels. The company provides solutions to the oil and gas industry in areas such as towing and mooring installation, subsea construction, and light well intervention services and supports other industries such as offshore wind, deep sea mineral recovery, and ocean cleaning. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization evolves into new business areas and is positioned for a strong future. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of approximately 1100 offshore and 200 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, Luanda, Manila, Mexico City, Perth, Rio de Janeiro, St. John’s, and Singapore. Maersk Supply Service is part of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S which employs roughly 70,000 employees across operations in 130 countries. For more information, visit www.maersksupplyservice.com