Project Operations and Logistics Coordinator
Do you have the experience and talent for developing operational and logistics solutions for complex projects in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry?
Then this is a great opportunity for you.
Maersk Supply Service is offering an exciting journey and career growth opportunity to establish and develop our operations and project support in Latin America – primarily Brazil. It is a unique opportunity to join Maersk Supply Service on a path towards becoming a leading solutions provider for our clients in the Oil and Gas sector in Latin America.
“You will have an essential role in supporting Project operations, actively taking part in vessel preparations, monitoring vessel and equipment readiness, and ensuring suitability for the proposed activities. You will collaborate closely with a wide range of teams in Maersk Supply Service on the execution of projects and will be encouraged to make full use of your ability to come up with solutions, take the lead on resolving operational issues and make hard decisions. You will be a core member to ensure the excellence of the service provided to our clients.” says Juliana Fernandes – Project Operations and Logistics Manager.
You will join Maersk Supply Service at the office in Rio de Janeiro. Here, you will be given the opportunity to take responsibility for your own tasks, and you will work with equally industrious colleagues who make a difference to MSS. You will acquire a large network of stakeholders and interested parties and be part of an innovative environment which offers great opportunities for personal and professional development.
To support you in unfolding your potential, MSS ensures a possibility of continuous professional and personal development in a dynamic and high performing team. In this role you will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business matters through regular engagement with senior business stakeholders.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
As our new Project Operations and Logistics Coordinator for Maersk Supply Service, you will support the continued development of Maersk Supply Service Latin America into a Solutions company. You would play a key role in ensuring the Project Logistics base receive, stores, embark and disembark Project materials in a safe and efficient manner, making sure, together with your team members, vessels have all Project equipment and supplies necessary for offshore execution. On other opportunities, you will follow operations offshore in close contact with Offshore Managers, helping in decision making for challenging situations as well as monitoring that operations are carried out smoothly and within MSS standards. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure vessel and project readiness within Project schedule, both during the planning phase and execution. You will be an operations anchor in the MSS project organisation, as well as driving operations input to Solutions tenders for this region.
The role also includes:
- Gives input to Project managers and Engineering department in planning phase of projects.
- Takes active part and gives input to HSE supervisors during Project planning and HIRA.
- Manages the work carried out in Project onshore base including Project materials mobilization, embark and demobilization.
- Supervises mobilization of project resources on board project vessels.
- Coordinate with Procurement and Engineering receipt date of Project materials prior to Mob dates.
- Ensure Co-ordination of main subcontractors on board the vessel and during Mob/Demob phases.
- Facilitate interface between Project Managers and offshore operations.
- Ensure vessel readiness for project
- Collaborate with client in a proficient manner during meetings.
- Propose and implement offshore resources strategy.
- Establishes effective communications with “Vessel Management” stakeholders.
- Provides full project reporting during the offshore phase of the project.
- Updates operational timings within Project schedule.
- Works together with Cost controller to update and control costs related to the working area.
- Capture Lessons learned from Project Operations and relays to other Projects.
You will operate in a dynamic environment with a diverse set of stakeholders and will use both your communication and analytical skills to influence and deliver best-in-class results.
Finally, you will provide strategic support to the Head of Offshore Operations to improve operational performance across Maersk Supply Service’s global footprint.
Who we are looking for:
Part of your success depends on your ability to facilitate cross-functional collaborations. It is the entire company succeeding together.
That is why you need to be great at gathering, motivating and managing people, so we all move in the same direction at the same time. Furthermore, we are also looking for someone who:
- Has at least a bachelor’s degree in an industry relevant education
- Has relevant experience (min. 5 years) from working in the offshore marine industry preferably with subsea constructions or marine operations.
- Proven experience in managing logistics activities and operational activities within the industry
- Is a problem solver and has the ability to foresee logistical and operational challenges in advance
- Understanding of contractual law, regulations and legislation relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Thrive in a flexible environment with a multitude of different tasks.
- Have a strong analytical mind-set to influence and drive projects and can provide structure and overview in a complex environment.
- Has the ability to communicate at all levels, pro-active and open in communication with all interfacing parties both internally and externally.
- Has excellent stakeholder management skills
- Has a proactive and innovative mindset.
- Has excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience with IFS is desirable.
- Fluency in verbal and writing communication in Portuguese and English is a must have for the position.
For questions about the position, please contact Juliana Fernandes. For questions around the recruitment process, kindly contact Isabela Podora.
- Applicants should have a Work Permit to work in Brazil.
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and the process will be closed when the right candidate is found, thus we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- Travel expected.