Commercial Manager - Floating Wind
Join our Floating Offshore Wind team and be part of spearheading the green transition and journey for Maersk Supply Service within this exciting and rapidly developing sector.
We are looking for an experienced profile with commercial and business development capabilities, along with an ability to understand customer pain points and acquire business acumen. You are capable of leading strategic commercial processes, helping define what the customer needs, and designing a tailor-made solution.
As a strong communicator with good stakeholder management skills, you maintain a strategic and holistic view, work with a solution mindset and in a structured approach. The right profile has great interpersonal skills, thrives on managing a number of diffent tasks and keeps calm even in a high-paced environment.
You will be working as part of an international and diverse team, responsible for developing and maintaining close relationships with current and potential clients, and for developing new business opportunities for both integrated solutions and our chartering business.
You will be part of our Commercial team, working closely with colleagues based around the world with a focus on the Mediterranean Sea. You will be reporting to the Lead Business Development Manager of Floating Offshore Wind.
As the first line of contact to our customers, we are at the forefront of market development and collaborate closely to bring out the best in each of us. You will have room to develop your skills, innovate and do things differently, as you join us on our journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of advanced offshore services.
When joining Maersk Supply Service, you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
We offer a dynamic working environment and flexible work package, where you will have strong autonomy to strcuture your own working day.
- Feed into overall MSS Floating Wind business model, including partnership strategy
- Develop pipeline and mature opportunities within Floating Wind Solutions with main focus on the Meditarenian area.
- Make visits and sales calls to potential and existing customers to promote and market MSS capabilities
- Take part in developing the MSS value proposition and commercial/execution strategy for Floating Wind business opportunities
- Identify clients’ requirements, decision factors and contracting strategy
- Build and expand relationships with key stakeholders in region of responsibility
- Ensure MSS is registered and considered for Solutions work scopes, in relation to bid and tender categories
- Identifying opportunities and winning new business in both integrated solutions, especially within within floating wind – from feasibility studies to EPCI contracts
- Prepare and negotiate bids and be part of broader tender team for commercial bids
- Collaborate closely across our organization to optimize bids, negotiations as well as follow up on bids and business
- Travel activity to visit customers and other stakeholders is an important part of building lasting relationships and expect approximately 30-45 days travel a year
Who we are looking for:
As a person, you have:
- Experience in the offshore wind industry (ideally floating), the oil and gas industry or offshore marine industry.
- Fluent English is a must for this position. Spanish, French or Portuguese will be a plus.
- Technical understanding of Floating Wind solutions
- Knowledge of offshore floating wind global customers
- A commercial/chartering or business development background
- Experience, skills and drive to handle negotiations in a culturally diverse environment
- You are able to work independently as well as being a strong team player, with the ability to build relationships across different teams and timezones (also remotely).
- A personal interest in Offshore Wind
- A sense of humor and thrive in an informal setting where we have fun!
You should hold a valid work permit to work in Denmark.
Please note that due to change of ownership of Maersk Supply Service from AP. Møller-Maersk to A.P. Moller Holding, this recruiment will be on hold until the transaction is complete. We are still interested in hearing from you if you want us to reach out when we are able to move forward with this recruitment again, and as such we still encourage you to send us your CV. If you have any questions, please reach out to Katrine Hallas, HR and Recruitment Consultant.
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of marine services and integrated solutions to the energy sector worldwide with a large fleet of anchor handling tug supply vessels and subsea support vessels. The company provides solutions to the oil and gas industry in areas such as towing and mooring installation, subsea construction, and light well intervention services, and supports other industries such as offshore wind, deep sea mineral recovery and ocean cleaning. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organisation evolves into new business areas and is positioned for a strong future. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of approximately 1100 offshore and 200 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, Luanda, Manila, Mexico City, Perth, Rio de Janeiro, St. John’s, and Singapore. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S which employs roughly 70,000 employees across operations in 130 countries. For more information visit www.maersksupplyservice.com