As a growing organisation, Maersk Supply Service (MSS) offers an exciting journey and a career growth opportunity spread out across different time zones and geographical sites. As a Project Procurement Manager, you can expect to be given wide responsibility and a central role in the organisation. This role will support across our core Integrated Solutions business, supporting Projects for Towing, Mooring & Installation, Ocean Clean Up, Decommissioning, Renewables and new future project opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity to use your experience and develop your skills as you help us further develop our Integrated Solutions business line.
Joining an international environment and highly professional team, you will be given opportunities to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business globally. You will be given the opportunity to take responsibility for your own tasks, and work with equally industrious colleagues who make a difference to MSS. You will acquire a large network of stakeholders and interested parties and be part of an innovative environment which offers great opportunities for personal and professional development. You will work closely with all departments within Maersk Supply Service, especially within the Aberdeen office in United Kingdom and the Headquarter office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
To support you in unfolding your potential, MSS ensures a possibility of continuous professional and personal development in a dynamic and high performing team.
When joining the Maersk Group you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
As a Procurement Project Manager for MSS you will support Tendering and Projects within our Integrated Solutions (INS) business and our Procurement function. Your primary responsibility will be the creation, facilitation and implementation of procurement solutions during Tendering preparation and Project execution in line with the MSS business and specific project plans. You will be a key player in the MSS project organisation, as well as driving Procurement input to Solutions tenders across multiple regions.
You will be expected to:
- Prepare, maintain and proactively manage procurement support for tenders and projects
- Prepare, negotiate and conclude Contract awards for Project requirements
- Ensure tenders are executed selecting the best process; RFI, RFQ, e-sourcing etc.
- Prepare and lead negotiations both internally and externally
- Co-ordinate activities with other departments to secure timely, efficient and cost-effective sourcing and negotiation activities
- Delivering procurement activities to ensure the optimum commercial and contractual position is negotiated, achieved and maintained
- Ensure suppliers are selected based on core values, policies and HSEQ policy standards consistent with MSS
- Ensure systems are updated and new suppliers are correctly registered
- Maintain and update working files on approved suppliers, including monitoring performance and non-conformances cases
- Ensure the needed hand-over both within the Project Department (INS) but also internally in the team to ensure proper contract management
- Ensure the Procurement and Supply Chain Department capitalises from lessons learned and proactively contributes to other functions in the continuous improvement of the processes
- Support on various ongoing improvement initiatives within the Procurement and Supply Chain Department
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone to join the team who is:
- Degree qualified preferably in a commercial, legal, business or engineering subject and/or relevant industry experience
- CIPS qualified (or other relevant industry qualification) desirable
- Extensive experience in the award and management of complex products and services within the Oil & Gas Industry (Subsea experience desirable)
- Understanding of contractual law, relevant regulations and legislation relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry
- Experience with IFS ERP system desirable
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and fluency in English, with other languages a potential advantage
- High degree of computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong analytical mind-set and skillset to influence and drive projects
- Pro-active and positive to changes and challenges typical of Oil and Gas Sector
- Ability to communicate at all levels, pro-active and open in communication with all interfacing parties both internally and externally
- Ability to multitask across different Supply Chain Management activities, flexible in approach and possess the ability to change priorities as and when business or client needs dictates
- Proactively share knowledge across our business and function for continuous improvement
Applicants should have a Work Permit to work in the UK
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of marine services and integrated solutions to the energy sector worldwide with a large fleet of anchor handling tug supply vessels and subsea support vessels. The company provides solutions to the oil and gas industry in areas such as towing and mooring installation, subsea construction, and light well intervention services, and supports other industries such as offshore wind, deep sea mineral recovery and ocean cleaning. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organisation evolves into new business areas and is positioned for a strong future. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of approximately 1100 offshore and 200 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, Luanda, Manila, Mexico City, Perth, Rio de Janeiro, St. John’s, and Singapore. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S which employs roughly 70,000 employees across operations in 130 countries. For more information visit www.maersksupplyservice.com