Would you like to participate in our exciting journey of “actively taking part in solving the energy challenges of tomorrow” through diversification of our service offerings and optimisation of our core business. Then this may be a role for you!
Maersk Supply Service is looking for a skilled person to manage the follow up and reporting requirements in relation to the Repetro regime.
The opportunity to work in a truly international environment in the dynamic and ever-changing offshore shipping industry. The nature of the industry and its global reach results in a complex and engaging tax ecosystem where you will be able to deliver some real value to the business.
When joining us, you will work in a culturally diverse and stimulating environment surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
You will work as part of our local operation in Rio de Janeiro where you will be responsible for complying with the Repetro regime. You will work closely with the local Tax Manager as well as the MD, Operations Manager, Commercial Manager, Project Managers, and logistics department.
Maersk Supply Service is executing complex offshore solution projects as well as managing Brazilian and international flagged vessels on Time Charter contracts. You will primarily be responsible for all Repetro matters after contract award, from local registration to de-registration and everything in between. You will report to the Senior Operations Manager in Fleet Management team.
As Repetro Specialist, you are responsible for Maersk Supply Service being compliant with the Repetro regime. You will be the main focal point for the Broker and all interactions with the in-house Tax department to set the import strategy for Repetro items.
You will be responsible for educating the organization in the Repetro regime and which transactions are reportable and liaise closely with internal stakeholders such as Commercial, Procurement and Operations to ensure the broker is able to timely report the transactions.
Build internal processes covering all deliverables form various departments to comply with Brazilian importation and Repetro legislation.
Be on the front foot regarding new legislation and liaise with authorities to develop a close relationship.
Who we are looking for:
- You are proactive, able to work autonomously and have the experience to assess the risks on tax related issues.
- You are excellent at stakeholder management and have the ability put Repetro reporting high on the agenda.
- You have a strong background on special tax regime Repetro-SPED and Temporary Admission.
- You can work with different demands, workloads and deadlines, in addition to managing several projects simultaneously.
- You have a relevant academic qualification, e.g., Law, International relations, or Business Foreign Trade.
- You have 5-10 years of experience in similar role.
- Experience in the offshore maritime industry and/or shipping is beneficial but not essential.
- Furthermore, you have a strong analytical mindset and the ability to identify solutions satisfying our commercial and operational objectives.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Portuguese is mandatory.
- Applicants should have a Work Permit to work in Brazil.
- The position is based in our local Maersk Supply Service in Rio de Janeiro.
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and the process will be closed when the right candidate is found, thus we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.