Are you an I.T. Professional who loves helping end users and passionate in everything I.T. under the sun? If you love working in a fast-paced environment and consider yourself a sharp go-getter, then this is the best time to join our IT Support Team in Manila!
We are currently looking for an IT Support Specialist, who will be part of our global IT team that manages, supports, maintains and upgrades all IT infrastructures across Maersk Supply Service(MSS) fleet and our global offices. The IT Support Specialist is an essential role in ensuring all MSS offshore and onshore users are provided with excellent end-user experience. The IT Support Specialist demonstrates a very high level of professionalism and embodies a “Vessel first” mentality especially when resolving IT issues onboard MSS vessels.
Our global IT Support team provides IT Support for the daily operations of offshore vessels and onshore end-users. The role will also be involved in projects on an ad-hoc basis and provide onsite support to Maersk Supply Service vessels globally.
Responsibility of IT Support includes but are not limited to:
- Be part of Maersk Supply Service IT Support and handle user contacts via all channels: email/self- service/chat/phone regarding IT Incidents and Requests for all MSS users
- Document user contacts is MSS ServiceNow following ticket handling procedures ensuring high ticket quality
- Perform high quality initial diagnosis and using technical/logical/troubleshooting skills in with our updated know ledge database to resolve Incidents and restore IT incidents as quickly as possible. Process IT Service requests (REQ) according to approved processes as available in MSS updated know ledge database
- Ticket Management in ServiceNow
- Handling of IT Support needs for MSS Users through all available channels
- Provide superior customer support experience
- Provide timely and effective communication for all IT Support related need
- Take ownership of tickets
- Share and implement best practices across MSS IT Support
- Work with 2nd and 3rd level teams which can be internal/or external vendors as part of ticket resolution.
- Effectively utilize ServiceNow to drive IT Process compliance
- Assist in keeping an updated IT Support Service Catalogue and know ledge articles
- Identify opportunities to improve overall performance and stability. Be actively involved in problem management
- If assigned to project work, work with project managers to ensure the project is successful. IT Support Specialist will be an advocate for ensuring IT Support function is prepared to take over IT Support of new services/applications
- Willing and flexible to travel upon business need
- Work on 24/7X365 shift and on demand when business needs
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a person with an analytical and creative mindset who can find solutions using only the available onboard hardware/software and the assistance of the vessels crew.
You will have a relevant IT education with PC/server hardware knowledge, knowledge of server administration and support and experience with providing end user support. Knowledge from the maritime business is an advantage, but not essential.
Someone who is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with high personal integrity; proactive and focused on continuous service improvement with strong service delivery experience. As you will be supporting many nationalities/people, it is vital that you are outgoing and have excellent communication skills in English.
You should be customer-centric, a problem solver, caring, honest, observant, humble, rational and above all else self-aware. To be successful in this role, you should know the concept of “seeking to understand, before seeking to resolve.
We are looking for someone who has a thoughtful decision-making skill with a flair for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives. A big plus would be your passion to meet deliverables and drive to complete specified timelines. You should be fun-loving, can work with colleagues to deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences. You should be collaborative, have an upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun.
- You should be familiar with Service Desk “Essentials”: Active Directory, Office365, User Administration, OS and PC (hardware) troubleshooting, Cloud Computing, and network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL Processes and IT Service Management
- Proven background on Windows Server based infrastructure
- Proven background on networking on both LAN and WAN setup
- Knowledge with Hyper-V Management service including Virtual Server setup and configuration.
- Knowledge in Firewall devices and Router configuration.
- Should have basic troubleshooting knowledge of PCs, printers, and other peripherals that is commonly used in an office environment
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office applications including basic troubleshooting and support services.