Our Manila IT Support team is growing! We are currently looking for an IT Applications Specialist who will primarily be responsible for applications such as ProArc (critical), JIRA and BI. The successful candidate will need to gain deeper technical expertise in ProArc. Hence, training will be provided. In this role, having MS SQL knowledge is a great advantage, as both ProArc and BI use SQL DB.
As an Applications Specialist, you are responsible for application management deliverables, vendor management, ticket management, IT support enablement and transition, and knowledge management of the above-mentioned applications. The position will have global reach with a delivery footprint into application services delivered to MSS users, vessels, and entities globally.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience with ITIL processes and IT service management. Someone who is organized, focused and possesses a strong service-minded attitude.
If you are self-motivated and can work independently with high personal integrity, you are a perfect fit for this role! Aside from having strong analytical skills and the ability to understand business requirements, your experience in service delivery and IT Support will surely work to your advantage. Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) will be a plus-factor.
You will be given the opportunity to take responsibility for your own tasks, and work with equally industrious colleagues who make a difference to MSS. You will acquire a large network of stakeholders and interested parties and be part of an innovative environment which offers great opportunities for personal and professional development.
To support you in unfolding your potential, MSS ensures a possibility of continuous professional and personal development in a dynamic and high performing team. In this role you will play a focal role in supporting the delivery of the Project.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
- Application support for product owners, fleet and office users, for questions and issues that require deeper application insight and business understanding.
- Bridges the gap between users and Application Specialist, and escalates issues to the vendor to resolve them.
- Continuous service improvement, and ensure that any application change will be communicated, trained, and implemented across the MSS IT Support Team. All new services to be included in MSS IT Scope will follow the standard ITIL processes, ensuring an efficient handover to MSS IT Support.
- Responsibility of driving and implementing continual improvements on in-scope applications in alignment with Application Managers
- Support Application Managers with lifecycle management on applications within portfolio
- Share and implement best practices across MSS IT Support
- Effectively utilize ServiceNow to drive IT process compliance.
- Manages transition of new applications to IT Support & IT Operations
- Monitor the vendor’s performance in delivery support vs. contractual SLA
- Participation in status meetings with the vendor
- Contribute to overall application documentation for in-scope applications.
- Focuses on reducing the number of incidents and improving the overall support processes and customer experience.
- Work proactively to enhance MSS IT Support knowledge to raise the First Level Resolution Rate (FLRR) and user satisfaction.
- Actively monitor and improve quality assurance and ticket quality.
- Acts as the next level of support for the daily operations and is involved in projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Ensure that MSS IT Support can address and resolve incidents & requests related to supported in-scope applications.
- Ensures standard tasks are transferred to the MSS IT Support Team through a well-documented Knowledge Base (KB)
- Monitor, coach and improve knowledge of the MSS IT Support team to resolve application tickets.
- Review tickets handled by MSS IT Support ensuring that in-scope applications are being managed
- Enables IT Support and supports increasing FLLR for applications in scope
- Analyses, documents and investigates the tickets/issues and identifying solutions.
- Ensure Knowledge Base/FAQ is continuously updated with root cause analysis or feedback of Superuser/Vendor incidents so that these incidents are effectively managed by MSS IT Support.
- Works closely with the IT support team on several priority tasks and projects, provides expertise in the system functionality and user processes
- Avoids re-occurrence of errors and take preventive measures to eliminate repetition of tickets
- Coordinate with IT Support & Operations Managers to ensure that current capabilities, skills, and knowledge are improved and updated based on the new systems and tools to perform the roles effectively and efficiently
- Improve knowledge by requesting trainings by the vendor or superuser as needed
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as per business need
- Manage high priority/severity incidents and for any clarifications from the MSS IT Support with IT Managers and the Vendor
- Applies continuous improvement mindset on problem solving and analytical thinking
- Engages in functional understanding of applications in scope
- You have at least 1 to 2 years’ experience in IT Servicedesk, Helpdesk or Application Support role.
- Experience in Document Control Systems
- Experience in SQL Databases
- Experience in handling ProArc, Jira or BI applications will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL processes and IT service management
- Strong service mind
- Strong experience with customer relations and satisfaction engagement
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with high personal integrity.
- Strong service delivery experience
- IT Support Knowledge
- Helpdesk knowledge
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to understand business requirements
- Strong Application Life Cycle Management Skill