Do you have a talent for administrating, controlling large size projects and to maintain projects with no deviations?
Then this is a great opportunity to use your experience and develop your skills as you help us further develop our Integrated Solutions department.
This is a unique opportunity to join Maersk Supply Service on a path towards becoming a leading solutions provider for our clients in both the Oil & Gas sector as well as the renewables sector.
You will join Maersk Supply Service office in Rio de Janeiro and will work closely to customers assigned to your projects and to our Integrated Solutions department both locally and abroad. You will collaborate closely with all departments within Maersk Supply Service, especially with Aberdeen office in United Kingdom and Headquarter in Denmark, to further alignment in the projects you get involved.
In Maersk Supply Service, you will be working with a highly specialized organization that provides reliable, safe, and efficient offshore solutions to the energy industry. With our modern, versatile fleet of ships and dedicated focus on crew training, we offer top-of-the-line services to our customers.
Here, you will have the room to develop your skills, innovate and do things differently as you join us in becoming the world's most reliable supplier of advanced offshore solutions.
We welcome you onboard on a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas.
Reporting to the Head of Project Cost Control, your primary responsibility will be to effectively support projects assigned to you as well as maintaining a strong interface with our Finance organisation.
As a local focal point for this matter, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Setup and maintain work breakdown and project coding structure in IFS
- Accurate and detailed tracking of all costs associated with the project
- Ability to measure variances from cost baseline and take effective corrective actions
- Analyse variance in cost and schedule
- Work closely with Contracts Specialist to monitor expenditures and performance against the progress of the project
- Provide accurate and timely financial cost status reports (internally and externally)
- Preparation of monthly accruals in line with VOWD against actuals to allow Finance to book in accounting system
- Preparation of monthly project forecasts
- Providing project managers with reporting views relative to business needs
- Perform critical assessments of all budgets and forecasts
- Regular budgeting, reporting and cost management services
- Monthly appraisals of work undertaken, completed milestones and agreed variations
- Tracking and approving invoices and payments in line with financial approval matrix
- Tracking estimated costs to completion in order to enable the comparison of the current estimated total with agreed contract price
- Work close with colleagues in various departments to ensure internal processes are adhere to and reporting deadlines are met
- Support the company to create a cost-conscious atmosphere to ensure all colleagues working on a project are aware of their impact in the project cost
- Invoicing and reconciliation;
- Month-end closing including accruals;
- Timely and accurate booking of entries in the accounting books of MSS Brazil
- Ensure all tax and accounting requirements related to your responsibilities are complied with in timely manner;
We are looking for
Someone to join the team with
- Degree qualified preferably in Accounting, Finance or related areas
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Cost Control in Subsea Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- Work experience in an international work environment, preferably incl. subsea projects
- Comprehensive Excel and ERP-system competences (Proficient with IFS is an advantage)
- Strong analytical mind-set, results-oriented and quick learner
- Pro-active, self-driven and positive to changes and challenges typical of Oil and Gas Sector
- Ability to communicate at all levels, pro-active and open in communication
- Proactively share knowledge within the organization
- Exceptionally well organized with aptitude for data and attention to details
- Fluent in verbal and writing communication in Portuguese and English is a must have for the position.
- Applicants should have a Work Permit to work in Brazil
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and the process will be closed when the right candidate is found, thus we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of marine services and integrated solutions to the energy sector worldwide with a large fleet of anchor handling tug supply vessels and subsea support vessels. The company provides solutions to the oil and gas industry in areas such as towing and mooring installation, subsea construction, and light well intervention services, and supports other industries such as offshore wind, deep sea mineral recovery and ocean cleaning. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organisation evolves into new business areas and is positioned for a strong future.
Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of approximately 1100 offshore and 200 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, Luanda, Manila, Mexico City, Perth, Rio de Janeiro, St. John’s, and Singapore. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S which employs roughly 70,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.
For more information visit www.maersksupplyservice.com
The position will be based in Rio de Janeiro reporting to Head of Project Cost Control, Florian Kermoal.