Senior Project Manager/ Maersk Decom representation, Stavanger
Are you excellent at stakeholder management and have a passion for project management? We are looking for an experienced candidate with a proven track record of North Sea project management. Experience in all areas of offshore oil and gas projects both technical and commercial will also be considered.
You will be part of a growing company with great entrepreneurial spirit, and you will be working out of Stavanger, Norway. The position consists in delivery of Maersk Decom’s projects in Norway, as well as management of relationships with Maersk Decom’s existing and prospective clients in Norway. You will report to a project sponsor for projects in execute and to the CCO in Denmark on all other matters.
You will be part of a highly specialized organization, providing safe, reliable and efficient turnkey decommissioning services to the global oil and gas industry and given excellent opportunity to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business globally in close collaboration with clients, partners and subcontractors.
Stepping into an international environment and highly professional teams, you will be exposed to and experience our organizational capabilities such as innovation, collaboration and customer focus. You will have the room to innovate and further develop your skills based on the combined experience base of Maersk, our clients, collaboration partners and contractors, as you join us on our journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of turnkey plug and abandonment and decommissioning services.
When joining Maersk Decom, you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
In the primary role as our Project Manager you will provide tender input during the project initiation phase. After contract award, you will be overall responsible for detailed planning and execution of the decommissioning projects in close cooperation with the internal technical functions as well as the key partners/subcontractors during the project execution phase.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering plug and abandonment and decommissioning projects at the agreed time, cost and quality
- Liaising with the client
- Liaising with collaboration partners and sub-contractors
- Lessons learnt and contribution to continuous improvement processes
An equally important part of the job role is to represent Maersk Decom in Norway.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with business development
- Build relations with collaboration partners, and clients
Who are we looking for
- Proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary project teams within the oil and gas industry, recent plug and abandonment and decommissioning project experience is a plus
- Demonstrable knowledge of the technical and project managerial aspects of oil and gas projects
- Clear focus on the human and relational aspects of project and relationship management
- Preferred location is in Stavanger
- Preferred if the person speaks Norwegian or a Scandinavian languages and English
- Experience with risk management and change management
- Structured approach in dealing with technical queries, action tracking and lessons learnt processes
- An openminded, innovative and pragmatic mindset with “can do” attitude
Maersk Decom was created in April 2018 as a 50:50 joint venture between Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service to provide scalable decommissioning solutions to the offshore energy industry. With its decommissioning specialists and direct access to rigs and support vessels, the company offers the full range of decommissioning scopes under flexible commercial models and integrated project management. From baseline surveys and engineering, to plug and abandonment, infrastructure removal, and recycling and waste management, Maersk Decom is committed to constantly rethinking decommissioning to maximise value and sustainability. It aims to ensure no resources – whether it’s people, time or assets – go to waste. For more information visit www.maerskdecom.com