Are you a self-motivating person with a strong drive and a structured approach to working? Are you interested in being part of a global IT team? Then this role might be of interest for you.
We are looking for an Azure Senior Specialist who will be responsible for all aspects of our Azure cloud infrastructure, including Virtual Machines, storage accounts, virtual networks, load balancers, policies, subscriptions, Azure AD, Azure SQL, Azure Backup, log analytics and Azure monitor.
The role will sit within our IT Operations team in Mandaluyong Philippines and will be engaged on the global IT operations of Maersk Supply Service .
A chance to join our expert IT team - in search for business optimization using technology solutions. You will be given an excellent chance to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business globally in a growing and challenging enterprise environment.
This is a unique opportunity to join Maersk Supply Service on a path towards becoming a leading solutions provider for our clients in both the Oil & Gas sector as well as the renewables sector.
You will be a subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure across the Maersk Supply Service globally. Within this scope your responsibilities would include:
- Be subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure
- Define all operational processes related to Azure services
- Diagnose and rectify any problems related to Azure services
- Provision/Decommission VM in Azure
- Manage Azure resources: Resource groups, Storage account, Load balancers
- Manage Recovery vaults and VM backups
- Manage Azure AD and its related services: MFA, Application Proxy,
- Manage Network Security Groups
- Monitor Azure subscription cost and constantly optimize our OPEX.
- Automate routine Ops tasks (installation, maintenance, configuration) via Azure Automation, ARM templates, JSON scripting.
- Monitor the cloud infrastructure on all aspects, i.e. availability, performance, capacity, security, via Azure Dashboards and Azure Alerts
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Create and maintain SOPs for Azure domain
If assigned to projects, you will be expected to work with project managers to ensure managed system changes/tasks are completed to meet business requirements.
You will have significant responsibility from the start and be expected to execute and deliver on time and in line with the MSS IT framework, targets and business needs. We expect you to identify opportunities to improve our overall operational performance & saving costs
- Azure operation principles and processes
- Azure monitor and alerts
- Azure backup
- Azure security principles
System ownership & reporting:
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Monitoring and Alert
- Monthly and yearly reports on Azure cost overview and breakdowns
Who we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate shall be a resilient team player who is goal-orientated, with high personal integrity and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work independently
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in a similar position with proven expertise in designing and managing Azure based hybrid infrastructures.
- You have a strong understanding and experience managing and administering Microsoft Active Directory
- You have a proven experience in leading and coaching technical resources.
- You have an in-depth understanding of Azure cloud: Azure VM, Azure AD, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, Azure Security (NSG, Firewall, Monitor)
- You have a good understanding and experience on any of the following automation technologies: Azure Automation, ARM Template, Powershell, JSON, Infrastructure as code
- You hold a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any similar practice and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
- You have a good awareness of ITIL processes (change control, incident management etc.), ITIL foundation certified is a plus.
- Someone who has flexibility to travel as per business needs.
- As you will be working with variety of nationalities/people it is vital that you have a strong customer service mindset and will be able to communicate with people at all levels and effectively in speech, in writing, and in presentations.