Are you a high-performing and ambitious lawyer with an international perspective? We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join the Legal department in Maersk Supply Service and directly support our global offshore support vessel business. The position will commence as soon as possible.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and international environment where you will be part of a professional and experienced Legal team reporting directly to the General Counsel and supporting Maersk Supply Service throughout its global business.
You will be working closely with the business and our clients, including major energy companies withing traditional oil & gas as well as with an increasing focus on the Offshore Renewables market, and participate in challenging legal projects in a large number of jurisdictions.
You will have the room to develop your skills, innovate and do things differently, as you join us on our customer journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of advanced offshore marine services.
Given that Maersk Supply Service is currently operating in countries in Northern Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa and Australia, the position offers the possibility of significant international travel.
You will be offered a competitive compensation package based on your experience.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing +35 nationalities. Our focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
You will be responsible for providing first class legal support to all of the Maersk Supply Service businesses with a focus on the Corporate & Contracting requirements arising in a global company.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts relating to all our activities, including contracts and subcontracts for the integrated offshore services offered globally by Maersk Supply Service to its clients.
- Advising on and establishing corporate structures and presence in new areas of operations in a wide range of jurisdictions as well as handling our current corporate structure.
- Working with and managing cooperation with major international law firms in the areas where Maersk Supply Service operate.
- Advising on and handling of legal disputes arising.
- Explaining complex legal concepts to other departments and management.
- Understanding and managing complex liability and risk scenarios arising in the Maersk Supply Service business.
Who we are looking for:
A qualified lawyer with at least 5-7 years’ experience from a law firm or international organisation. You have a broad experience of handling large international projects and a deep understanding of contract law and international contracts. Prior experience from the Oil & Gas and Subsea industry is a preference.
As a person you are:
- A high performer that thrives in a challenging and fast-moving business environment.
- Analytical and able to focus on the important issues and prioritize when dealing with a large number of complex tasks.
- Commercially minded and with excellent negotiating skills
- Self-driven and willing to take individual responsibility for your tasks
- Comfortable presenting and explaining complex issues in a clear and concise way to colleagues throughout the business, from offshore crew to top management
- Familiar with English law
- Able to travel 30-60 days a year
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Contact person for job ad: Fredrik Olsson, General Counsel Email: Fredrik.Olsson@maersksupply.com Direct phone: +45.7373 7559
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of marine services and integrated solutions to the energy sector worldwide with a large fleet of anchor handling tug supply vessels and subsea support vessels. The company provides solutions to the oil and gas industry in areas such as towing and mooring installation, subsea construction, and light well intervention services, and supports other industries such as offshore wind, deep sea mineral recovery and ocean cleaning. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organisation evolves into new business areas and is positioned for a strong future. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of approximately 1100 offshore and 200 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, Luanda, Manila, Mexico City, Perth, Rio de Janeiro, St. John’s, and Singapore. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S which employs roughly 70,000 employees across operations in 130 countries. For more information visit www.maersksupplyservice.com