Do you have the experience and talent for developing quality control solutions for complex projects in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry?
Then this is a great opportunity for you.
Maersk Supply Service is offering an exciting journey and career growth opportunity to establish and develop our Quality standards in Brazil. It is a unique opportunity to join Maersk Supply Service on a path towards becoming a leading solutions provider for our clients in the Oil and Gas sector in Latin America.
“You will collaborate closely with both the project team as well as the QA Team in Copenhagen around the QA/QC deliverables to fit project specific requirements in Latin America, as well as live up to the Maersk Quality standards in general. You will become a core member to ensure the continued development of Maersk Supply Service projects and QA/QC deliverables in the region” says your future functional manager Jennie Kristensen – Head of QA Excellence, Maersk Supply Service.
You will join Maersk Supply Service at the office in Rio de Janeiro. Here, you will be given the opportunity to take responsibility for your own tasks, and you will work with equally industrious colleagues who make a difference to MSS. You will acquire a large network of stakeholders and interested parties and be part of an innovative environment which offers great opportunities for personal and professional development.
To support you in unfolding your potential, MSS ensures a possibility of continuous professional and personal development in a dynamic and high performing team. In this role you will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business matters through regular engagement with senior business stakeholders.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
As our new Quality Manager for Brazil you will support the continued development of Maersk Supply Service Brazil into a Solutions company. In this role, you would play a key role in this development. The role includes:
- Define and maintain the project performance indicators.
- Perform a gap analysis between the standard requirements and the specificities related to the project.
- Create and diffuse a positive Quality culture amongst all stakeholders of the project.
- Assist / advise project personnel in all matters relating to the application & implementation of company management system on projects.
- Prepare / maintain project specific quality documentation e.g. Project Quality Plan, Activity Control Plan, Inspection & Test Plans etc.
- Co-ordinate non-conformance management process within the project including reporting of all non-conformance reports (NCR), pro-actively facilitating NCR close out, identifying corrective action requirements.
- Undertake subcontractor and project quality audits including planning, execution and reporting to measure compliance with management systems & client requirements and assess the effectiveness and value of established business processes.
- Facilitate project lessons learned process to collate and report project experiences that may add value to ongoing & future projects.
- Provide quality management support to Supply Chain Management in respect of vendor & subcontractor assessment and risk management.
- Liaise with Customer and third-party representatives on matters relating to Quality Management within the project.
- Facilitate customer feedback and performance measure processes on allocated projects.
- Utilise project experiences to assist in the development of the management system through identification of business process waste, NCR trends, implementation of revised business practice.
- Control and direct the Quality Control and Inspection function and resources to ensure MSS and client specifications are met.
- Monitor supplier product and service quality and provide performance data input to the vendor evaluation process.
- Coordinate third party QC inspection resources in conjunction with the Package Engineers and Head of Quality as appropriate.
- Make sure final documentation is reviewed and validated in accordance with local, international, company, client and project specification.
You will operate in an environment with a diverse set of stakeholders and will use both your communication and analytical skills to influence and deliver best-in-class results.
Who we are looking for:
Part of your success depends on your ability to facilitate cross-functional collaborations. It is the entire company succeeding together.
That is why you need to be great at gathering, motivating and managing people, so we all move in the same direction at the same time. Furthermore, we are also looking for someone who:
- Have a professional qualification in Quality Management.
- Be an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor.
- Have extensive (min. 5 years) experience with QA/QC from the Offshore industry.
- Proven experience in project managing.
- Understanding of contractual law, regulations and legislation relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Thrive in a flexible environment with a multitude of different tasks.
- Have a strong analytical mind-set to influence and drive projects and can provide structure and overview in a complex environment.
- Are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and work manually with processes with the long-term view to get them automated.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, pro-active and open in communication with all interfacing parties both internally and externally.
- Are fluent in Portuguese and English both verbally and written.
The position will be based in Rio de Janeiro.