Are you experienced within well engineering, planning and execution of scope of work on oil and gas wells offshore? Are you interested in working with Plug and Abandonment (P&A) activities of oil and gas wells offshore? We are looking for an experienced candidate with a solid track record of North Sea P&A activities. Additional relevant experience from other positions both offshore and onshore will be an advantage.
Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service founded a decommissioning company in 2018, targeting the oil and gas industry with integrated full scope decommissioning services – Maersk Decom (MDE). We are looking for an additional colleague with good knowledge, flair and experience within well engineering. In MDE you get the opportunity of professional development while being able to leave your mark as one of our specialists for delivering P&A well planning and engineering as well as planning for execution of same but also technical work to support business development via working with tenders and bids.
You will become an important part of a small company, with great team spirit, focused on developing the decommissioning business. Based in our head office in Lyngby, Denmark, you will report to the Lead Wells Engineer and ensure P&A well operations and engineering services are properly planned and prepared from a technical point of view, as well as technical deliverables for bids to tenders where MDE has been invited.
You will have an impact on a highly specialised organization, providing safe, reliable and efficient full scope decommissioning services to the global oil and gas industry. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business globally in close collaboration with experienced well engineers, other experienced subject-matter experts, subcontractors and customers (Operators).
You will initially be based in Lyngby, Denmark and delivering technical input to tenders ensuring technical excellence of P&A activities of both surface and subsea wells; driving innovation from concept to products, driving continuous improvement to ensure quality, across MDE´s decommissioning project portfolio so that projects are prepared, executed and delivered as planned.
Stepping into an international working environment and highly professional team, you will experience and be exposed to innovation, collaboration and customer focus. You will have the room to further develop your skills based on the combined experience base of Maersk, our customers, collaboration partners and contractors, as you join us on our journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of full scope P&A and decommissioning services.
When joining a company in the Maersk Group, you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by varied point of views and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and values and see it as a genuine source of strength.
As the P&A Wells Engineer, you will be one of Maersk Decom’s subject matter experts, ensuring the P&A deliverables have been properly matured, and experiences from previous projects have been adequately considered.
Overall, you will be responsible for engineering and documenting safe, reliable and efficient P&A solutions, assisting in innovation of new methods and tools to enhance quality and efficiency, conducting concept studies and preparing technical inputs for tenders based on input from specialists, collaboration partners and subcontractors.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working in the engineering of P&A operations, and creating of technical documents, including torque & drag, hydraulics and cement job designs
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with P&A in the form of risk registers
- Creating the detailed operating guidelines in cooperation with clients, subcontractors and collaboration partners
- Creating of cost and schedule estimates, including updating the in-house cost and time database
- Ongoing administration and filing of documentation in the company’s online document management system
- Adhering to customer, company and area standards, procedures and guidelines including specific local area requirements
- Assisting the Procurement & Contracts Manager in tendering, offer evaluation, contract award and supervision
- Developing and implementing of innovation products
- Preparing for, and participating in, client meetings such as Service Quality Meetings
Who we are looking for:
We expect that you come with:
- A minimum 5-10 years P&A, decommissioning and well intervention experience, preferably with experience from offshore positions, but with strong focus on safety
- Experience having worked for a service company and/or an operating company in the past
- Extensive knowledge and experience in subsea wells, wellheads and x-mas tree systems
- Experienced with well operations and activities including subsea well intervention and well control
- Relevant experience in onshore roles is seen as an advantage
It is seen as an advantage to have passed courses for IWCF Well Control (L2) & Offshore Emergency Training Certificate and are able to refresh courses.
As a person, you are:
- Comfortable working independently, yet possess strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong in communication and presentation skills
- Experienced in analysis of performance data, lessons learned processes and non-conformance reports to enhance planning and operational performance
- Experienced in performing office based operational supervision
- Comfortable using web based software
- An open-minded, innovative and pragmatic mindset with “can do” attitude having a proven track record in implementing novel solutions
- A systematic structured person with overview and focus on quality without compromising deadlines
You are also flexible with regards to travel, as you may be temporarily stationed in offices abroad in conjunction with project executions.Maersk Decom was created in April 2018 as a 50:50 joint venture between Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service to provide scalable decommissioning solutions to the offshore energy industry. With its decommissioning specialists and direct access to rigs and support vessels, the company offers the full range of decommissioning scopes under flexible commercial models and integrated project management. From baseline surveys and engineering, to plug and abandonment, infrastructure removal, and recycling and waste management, Maersk Decom is committed to constantly rethinking decommissioning to maximise value and sustainability. It aims to ensure no resources – whether it’s people, time or assets – go to waste. For more information visit www.maerskdecom.com