Are you driven by keeping people safe and out of harm’s way?
Do you have a solid technical safety engineering background with experience from offshore operations, and does joining a global team, whom are passionately striving for superior HSEQ performance sounds motivating? Then read on.
“This is your chance to embark on a safety journey together with us towards creating a safe environment for our employees, where we will focus both on proactively avoiding incidents as well as creating a work environment that keeps our personnel safe in case of failure” says Global HSE Manager Martin Eriksen.
This is a unique opportunity to join Maersk Supply Service on a path towards becoming a leading solutions provider for our clients in both the Oil & Gas sector as well as the renewables sector.
The role as Safety Engineer is based in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, where you will be part of an experienced and dedicated onshore team supporting our offshore operations in the region.
For the right profile we offer great development opportunities in an international environment and the chance to influence your own role. In Maersk Supply Service you will be working with a highly specialized organization, providing reliable, safe and efficient services to the global energy industry.
When joining Maersk Supply Service, you will be part of a truly international company and you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
• As part of the global HSSEQ team you will be a key ambassador for our company promise of "Safe hands, Sound Business".
• Ensure that safety is always the main priority by acting as a role model and safety advocate.
• Drive offshore engagement and support through vessel visits offshore, active feedback and risk management focus.
• Safeguard that our operations are always planned and executed in compliance with our procedures, standards and policies.
• Lead and/or participate actively in incidents investigations. Drive the investigation process, ensure timely completion of reports and deliver final presentation of learnings internally as externally.
• Build and maintain a close relationship with our customers ensuring that all HSSEQ matters are addressed and handled timely and professionally and always in compliance with both industry, company and client standards.
• Take part in HSE campaigns and projects together with the Global HSSEQ team.
• Provide subject matter expert input to tenders and control legal/industry requirements prior to startup of operations.
• Follow up and ensure care to casualties and register communication of Industrial Accident-CAT, where applicable.
We are looking for
• A dedicated HSEQ professional with at least 10 years of experience from the Oil & Gas Sector, where you have most likely started your career with a technical safety engineering background and have developed into a HSEQ professional.
• You have experience from offshore operations and projects within the Oil & Gas sector and you are bringing with you a solid knowledge from this field.
• You are structured, efficient and have a good eye for the detail while still being able to zoom out and comprehend the bigger picture. You are resilient and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• You have excellent planning and coordination skills and you possess strong IT /power point presentation skills and are a super user in Safety Management Systems.
• You actively engage with team members across the organization, while steering a common direction both within the team, but also when working with other stakeholders within the company as well as with clients.
• You have a clear understanding of or ability to quickly identify client needs and you are collaborative and constructive in the approach to solving problems.
• You possess good interpersonal skills and have your own network within the industry as well as being capable of establishing professional relationships and network.
• For you, challenges and uncertainty are perceived as opportunities to explore and develop yourself both personally and professionally.
• The role will be based onshore, but your employment can include some travel activity to offshore operations, also on short notice.
• Fluent in verbal and writing communication in Portuguese and English is a must have for the position.
• Knowledge of Brazilian safety & security legislation.
• Familiarization with legislation and standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISM, ISPS and DGSM Code.
• Seafarer or on-board experience will be considered an advantage.
• Safety Engineer Graduation.
• Certification & experience in incident investigation (Preferably Kelvin Top set).
• Certifications such as NEBOSH, ISM Lead Auditor, and/or ISO 18001 are advantageous.
• Experience with training and coaching of offshore crews would be an advantage.
• You are fluent in verbal and written communication in Portuguese and English (is a must have for the position).