Maersk Decom – the dedicated decommissioning partner for the offshore energy industry
Maersk Decom is uniquely placed to help the offshore energy industry execute decommissioning while building a strategic decommissioning capability. As our name indicates, decommissioning is our core business. We provide scalable solutions using innovative methods and commercial models.
We are a dedicated team of experts in the field who are committed to constant improvement – incorporating learnings from every project we work on into the project at hand. We address key issues such as predictability of costs, risk, compliance, sustainability and reputation.
We draw upon more than 50 years of experience and assets from the offshore support vessel and drilling industries and we deliver it all as one integrated team including project management and engineering.
Our aspiration is to ensure no resource wasted. To achieve this, we share a vision of constantly rethinking decommissioning to maximise value and sustainability.
Supplying the world with the energy it needs demands efficiency from start to finish. We believe responsibly handling end-of-life assets is more than a duty – it’s an opportunity.
What we offer
You will be part of our newly started company with great entrepreneurial spirit, where you will have the opportunity to join a team of highly qualified colleagues operating in a rapidly expanding decommissioning industry.
You will be based in our Lyngby office in Denmark. From here you will be building capacity and capability powering up our decommissioning projects. As the company’s project responsible, you will oversee the development, planning and execution of the entire Maersk Decom project portfolio including build up the right team in order to achieve this. When required, you will assume the role as project manager on bespoke decommissioning projects during both development and execution phases.
You will initially report to the CEO. As our business is growing, the role may change reporting lines to support the business in the best way possible.
You will be part of a highly specialised organisation and given an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business in close collaboration with customers and partners.
You will have room to enhance your personal competences while innovating and developing our business, as you join us on the journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of integrated decommissioning services.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Projects include
- Be the project manager on bespoke projects
- Develop and implement a project management standard
- Define and implement project controlling and project planning standards
- Ensuring projects are managed efficiently and in accordance with a project execution plan and Maersk Decom’s management system
- Ensure appropriate resources are selected and allocated in order to both manage and deliver projects
- Manage the Maersk Decom project portfolio, including planning and workload balancing
- Responsible for commercial and contractual compliance of projects
- Responsible for ensuring the cost and progress of projects are monitored and reported regularly
- Keep leadership team updated on critical matters related to the Projects function
- Initiate project close-out reports and reviews, and provide input to the lessons learned database
- Develop and implement project specific HSE and quality programs
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate with following profile
- Previous experience in managing offshore decommissioning projects, brownfield modification projects or engineering, procurement & construction activities
- Strong leadership, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Highly capable of adapting to changes in a rapidly changing business environment
- Strong risk management, interface management and change management experience
- Strong project control experience and commercial awareness
- An openminded, innovative and pragmatic mindset
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Good presentation skills
It is expected that the new Head of Projects lives within driving distance from the Lyngby office upon assuming the role. The role will require up to 25% travel, mostly to locations around the North Sea.
Maersk Decom was created in April 2018 as a 50:50 joint venture between Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service to provide scalable decommissioning solutions to the offshore energy industry. With its decommissioning specialists and direct access to rigs and support vessels, the company offers the full range of decommissioning scopes under flexible commercial models and integrated project management. From baseline surveys and engineering, to plug and abandonment, infrastructure removal, and recycling and waste management, Maersk Decom is committed to constantly rethinking decommissioning to maximise value and sustainability. It aims to ensure no resources – whether it’s people, time or assets – go to waste. For more information visit www.maerskdecom.com