Are you looking for an opportunity to provide first class IT support to vessels and global offices on a global foot print? Are you a fast pace person and like to be involved on operational activities? If so this is the best time to join our newly built IT Support team in Manila.
We are looking for a Specialist, IT Support who will be part of a global team that manages, supports, maintains and upgrades the IT infrastructures onboard the vessels and offices in the global Maersk Supply Service fleet.
You will be part of a truly international company, with our employees representing 32 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mind-set and culture.
We believe people thrive best when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions and practices. We are performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. You can expect a dynamic stream of challenges and opportunities generated by the ambitions and changing needs of our business.
Maersk Supply Service builds on 50-year heritage and give access to knowledge and experience accumulated from all Maersk Business Units while at the same time being lean organisation allowing to make quick decisions and direct impact across functions and departments. As IT Operations and Support department is in the development process we have a unique opportunity to influence the way we are going to operate in the years to come.
- You will be part of Maersk Supply Service IT Support and handle user contacts through all available channels regarding IT Incidents and Requests for all MSS users.
- Processes the necessary documentations and data collections, monitor system performance and perform required action through ServiceNow following ticket handling procedures ensuring high ticket quality.
- Perform high quality initial diagnosis and using technical, logical, troubleshooting skill with our updated knowledge database to resolve Incidents and restore IT incidents as quickly as possible.
- Process IT Service requests (REQ) according to approved processes as available in MSS updated knowledge database.
- Provide superior end-user experience. Maintain timely and effective communication for all IT Support related needs.
- Share and implement best practices across MSS IT Support. Work with 3rd level teams which can be internal/or external vendors as part of ticket resolution.
- Assist in keeping an updated IT Support Service Catalogue and knowledge articles while effectively utilizing ServiceNow to drive IT Process compliance.
- Identify opportunities to improve overall performance and stability. Be actively involved in problem management
- If assigned to project work, work with project managers to ensure the project is successful. IT Support Specialist will be an advocate for ensuring IT Support function is prepared to take over IT Support of new services/applications
- Work proactively to enhance MSS IT Support knowledge to raise First Level Resolution Rate (FLRR) and user satisfaction
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within MSS IT and adopts “one MSS IT” mindset
- Flexible to travel upon business need and work on 24/7X365 shift & on demand when business needs
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a structured person with an analytical and creative mindset who can find solutions using only the available onboard hardware/software and the assistance of the vessels crew.
You will have a relevant IT education with PC/server hardware knowledge, knowledge of server administration and support and experience with providing end user support. Knowledge from the maritime business is an advantage, but not essential.
Someone who is self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with high personal integrity; proactive and focused on continuous service improvement with strong service delivery experience
As you will be supporting many nationalities/people, it is vital that you are outgoing and have excellent communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL Processes and IT Service Management
- Proven background on Windows Server based infrastructure
- Proven background on networking on both LAN and WAN setup
- Knowledge with Hyper-V Management service including Virtual Server setup and configuration.
- Knowledge in Firewall devices and Router configuration.
- Should have basic troubleshooting knowledge of PCs, printers, and other peripherals that is commonly used in an office environment
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office applications including basic troubleshooting and support services.
- Knowledge with creation or modification of Powershell scripts is an advantage