In this role, you will work closely with other members of the finance team, both locally and abroad, to deliver accurate financial information in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Experience in administering payroll and related statutory requirements and reconciliations would be considered an asset.
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of global offshore marine services and integrated solutions for the energy sector worldwide. Headquartered in Denmark, we serve the energy sector with a fleet of 44 vessels and 1,100 offshore employees supported by around 200 onshore staff worldwide. Maersk Supply Service brings more than 50 years hands-on marine experience in performing complex operations at sea.
You will become part of a small and highly dedicated team located in St. John’s that is responsible for our operations in North America.
All members of the finance team work closely together and share responsibilities to avoid dependence on individuals. Your tasks will include:
- Preparing and processing intercompany invoices
- Preparing and processing customer invoices and follow up on accounts receivable
- Payroll processing and booking of transactions; benefits remittances and associated reconciliations
- Daily handling of incoming/outgoing payments
- Payment and booking of employee expense claims
- Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts
- Preparation of month end accruals
- Assist with monthly reporting into the group consolidation financial system (OneStream)
- Assist with book close monthly, quarterly and annually
- Assist with preparation of material for auditors
- Assist with management reports
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Other adhoc tasks
Who we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- University degree or college diploma with a concentration in accounting
- 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Payroll compliance practitioner (PCP) certification would be considered an asset
- Experience using ERP system would be considered important
- Strong data entry skills accompanied by excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem solving and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Effective time management and planning skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a small team within a global company, with a dynamic and international working environment
Others would view you as personable; you take pride in your work and are focused on achieving the right result the first time.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, women and persons with disabilities. When joining our company, you will work in a culturally diverse and stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for employment.
Paul Harvey, Human Resources Manager : email@example.com
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.