As our new Senior Crew Manager you will get an outstanding opportunity to work with one of the industry´s most respected organisations in a central and dynamic role managing 4 crew operators responsible for approx. 20 ships and 500 seafarers. We place great value in the development of our employees, and you will become part of a dedicated team, with proud, highly skilled and motivated colleagues, who know the importance of their work. Do you thrive in a position in the centre of a dynamic international organisation, in the middle of a transition into new and exciting markets? Are you capable of working as a manager for a small team with focus on long-term planning as well as handling last minute changes? If yes, you may be our new Senior Crew Manager.
What we offer
An exciting and attractive career as manager in a diverse international environment, with the possibility of continuous professional development. You will become manager for 4 crew operators responsible for approx. 20 vessels and 500 seafarers, ensuring the right crew composition at all times. The position has many stakeholders and your team has a key role in ensuring strong teams and high performance in our offshore operations. We offer competitive compensation package.
As Senior Crew Manager your primary function is to manage and develop our seafarers with many different nationalities and to be the most efficient and best performing across the offshore industry. As manager you lead your team to make sure that planning, decisions and execution of all crew related tasks are done in an efficient and economically viable way within international regulations and the Maersk values. You set a high standard and ensure that members of your team get the management support needed for effective long-term as well as day to day crew operation.
Amongst your dedicated tasks:
- Leading team of 4 crew operators
- Handling day to day operations
- Presenting business cases to bring your point of view to the table
- Being able to stand firm, when needed
- Taking part in different projects, optimizing the business and expanding into new markets
- Responsible for the overall planning and management of crews
- Ensure overall compliance with statutory, industry and business unit certifications as well as training requirements
- Overall long-term planning regarding promotion and development of officers
Who we are looking for
Most importantly, we are looking for a colleague that can make a lasting impact in how the crewing team operates in a dynamic environment with focus on new business areas such as deep sea mining, windpower plants and ocean plactics cleaning. You are self-driven, thrive with deadlines and you know the importance of the tasks and you are known for being both professional and capable of arguing your point of view. You are structured, love complexity and inspire the people around you to outperform expectations.
The right candidate for the position as Senior Crew Manager should possess all or most of the following qualifications:
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree within a relevant field – with good academic performance
- Analytical and structured with strong independent drive
- Positive and agile mindset with focus on solving complex challenges expeditiously in an ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivated by driving change and improvements, with a constant focus on the ongoing operational business
- A true leader and team player who enjoys motivating the team and ensuring success
- Experience from the maritime industry and knowledge of international standards such as ISM, STCW and MLC