Are you an ambitious and driven law student?
In Maersk Supply Service, you will work with a large variety of complex matters within the offshore/energy industry and learn from a professional and experienced team of legal counsels.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment in Maersk Supply Service’s Legal Department, where you will be given responsibility from day one. You will be part of a professional and experienced team in charge of supporting the business in all legal aspects globally. Our team consists of six full time legal counsels.
This position offers the chance to work in close cooperation with our commercial, operational and management teams and to deal with the full range of legal issues across many legal jurisdictions, thereby further developing your skills through insight into our way of doing business globally.
You will be working out of our new domicile in Lyngby, providing support for our Legal Department, for 15-20 hours/week with flexible working hours.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing +35 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times, and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
You will be responsible for assisting our Legal Department with a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Drafting and reviewing various legal documents and agreements including supplier contracts, power of attorneys and non-disclosure agreements;
- Transactional work including sale and purchase of vessels;
- Setting up and administering our various corporate structures worldwide including corporate governance and dealing with day-to-day matters in often challenging jurisdictions;
- Handling registrations in business registries, notarisations and legalisations plus updating the document filing systems within the Legal Department;
- Assisting with legal compliance, including e.g. with third party due diligence, developing, updating and communicating procedures and processes, monitoring and reporting; and
- Assisting with the handling of legal disputes and other legal matters arising out of our operations.
Who we are looking for
You will be offered a rare opportunity to gain insight into a highly international legal department and to participate in challenging international legal work.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Currently studying law and who has completed, or is about to complete, his or her bachelor’s degree (stud.jur or stud.merc.jur)
- Analytical, detail oriented and good at keeping focus on complex issues
- Able to handle and prioritize many tasks at the same time
- Commercially minded, team oriented and willing to provide effective assistance to the lawyers in the department
- Energetic, driven and willing to take individual responsibility for your tasks
- Able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Willing to work at least 15-20 hours a week
Some knowledge of company law, maritime/offshore law and contract law is an advantage but not a requirement as well is previous experience working with a law firm.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we will close the ad once we have hired our new member. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.