Do you have a talent for heavy lift and/or facility removal operations? We are looking for an experienced candidate with a good track record from the oil and gas or salvage industry.
Maersk Decom, owned by Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service, is targeting the oil and gas industry with integrated decommissioning services and we are looking for an experienced workstream lead with a strong background from heavy lift operations, salvage or planning of subsea operations. Here you will have the opportunity for professional development while being able to leave your fingerprint on the position as a work stream lead and one of the main points of interface towards clients, collaboration partners and sub-contractors.
You will be part of our newly started company with great entrepreneur spirit, working out of Lyngby, Denmark. You will report to the CTO and collaborate closely with clients, collaboration partners as well as our specialists from Maersk Drilling & Maersk Supply Service to bring out the best of all worlds and make all parties move in the same direction.
You will join the integrated project management team preparing for execution and executing a decommissioning project together with our client and collaboration partners. As the first line of contact to the customer, collaboration partners and sub-contractors, you will collaborate closely with all parties to bring out the best in each of us; ensuring the overall project is properly prepared, executed and delivered as planned.
Stepping into an international environment with highly professional teams, you will experience and get to know our organizational capabilities such as innovation, collaboration and customer focus.
As you join us in our journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of integrated decommissioning services, you will be given an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business in close collaboration with clients and partners.
When joining the Maersk you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
The role will vary from project to project depending on the scope which Maersk Decom have agreed to deliver and as the Heavy Lift and Facility Removal Lead you will be responsible for facility removal services on a project level.
The role will include preparation for execution and execution of:
- Disconnect and deconstruction activities
- Preparations for lifting operations
- Lifting operations
- Transport to shore and unloading at designated quayside
As our Heavy Lift and Facility Removal Lead you will be the work stream lead and provide tender input during the project development phase.You will be responsible for detailed planning and execution of facility removal operations in cooperation with selected main scope contractors during the project execution phase.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the client within own discipline
- Liaising with collaboration partners and sub-contractors
- Defining the facilities removal scope as well as the associated cost and schedule
- Planning and coordinating within own workstream(s) –(i.e. heavy lift and/or facility removal activities)
- Multidiscipline management; ensuring the individual activities are collectively aligned
- Lessons learnt and contribution to continuous improvement processes
Who are we are looking for
We are looking for a Heavy Lift and Facility Removal Lead with experience from the oil and gas or salvage industry. The right candidate ideally matches all or most of the following criteria:
- Strong heavy lift experience
- Project definition and execution experience
- Experience in working through main scope contractors
- Risk management, interface management and change management experience
- Project control experience (e.g. budget process, cost & schedule follow-up and reporting)
- Openminded and with an innovative and pragmatic mindset
- Strong stakeholder management competencies
- Flexibility to travel
• Maersk Decom provides bundled decommissioning solutions to global oil and gas operators. Initially covering up to 80% of the decommissioning process, Maersk Decom offers project management, well plug and abandonment, towage of floating units and removal of subsea infrastructure. In the long-term, Maersk Decom plans to provide the full end-to-end process of decommissioning. • The company was established in April 2018 as a 50:50 joint venture between Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service. Maersk Decom leverages the parent companies’ heritage of over 50 years of safe and efficient operations, high quality assets and technical capabilities. • For more information, visit www.maerskdecom.com