Are you a seasoned IT professional with strong architectural Oracle database experience? Then this is the role for you.
We are looking for Senior Specialist for Oracle Database Administration, the position will act as subject matter expert within our database infrastructure for Oracle Database. Primary function will be to operate our Oracle databases ensuring that systems are running optimally, ensuring availability, efficiency and recoverability.
The role will sit within the newly formed IT Operations team in Mandaluyong Philippines and will be engaged on global IT operations of Maersk Supply Service.
You will be part of a truly international company, with our employees representing 32 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mind-set and cul-ture.
We believe people thrive best when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions and practices. We are performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and ap-proachable management culture. You can expect a dynamic stream of challenges and opportunities gener-ated by the ambitions and changing needs of our business.
Maersk Supply Service builds on 50-year heritage and give access to knowledge and experience accumu-lated from all Maersk Business Units while at the same time being lean organisation allowing to make quick decisions and direct impact across functions and departments. As IT Operations and Support de-partment is in the development process we have a unique opportunity to influence the way we are going to operate in the years to come.
You will be managing full governance of understanding, articulating, and operating Oracle Database platform management across the Maersk Supply Service globally. Within this scope your responsibilities would include:
- Serves as a focal contact point for all database issues escalated by the 1st and 2nd level support teams
- Create and maintain SOPs for IT Support (L1 /L2)
- Install database / grid software and patches
- Upgrade / migrate database
- Perform maintenance activities for the database
- Execute database backup and restore
- Create standby database to ensure high availability
- Manage database security through user access management
- Administer ASM instances and associated cluster components
- Monitor databases via Grid Control
- Cluster administration for Oracle RAC databases
- Export / Import of database objects
- Recommend database parameters that may benefit the database
- Basic OID administration
Monitoring and patching of systems, and proactively preventing incidents. Where incidents occur, the role is expected to actively support the Problem management process to resolve and avoid further occurrences.
Contribute to continual service improvement by challenging, reviewing, updating and where inexistent creating, processes and procedures in order to drive operational excellence.
If assigned to projects, you will be expected to work with project managers to ensure managed system changes/tasks are completed to meet business requirements.
You will have significant responsibility from the start and be expected to execute and deliver on time and in line with the MSS IT framework, targets and business needs. We expect you to identify opportunities to improve our overall operational performance & saving costs within the database infrastructure.
Who we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate shall be a resilient team player who is goal-orientated, with high personal integrity and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work independently
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in a similar position with proven demonstrable level of expertise in managing Oracle DB (EE & Std)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server (Ent & Std) is a plus
- Experience with Azure cloud, Azure SQL service, Azure VM is a plus
- You have a good understanding and experience of the following Windows technologies: Windows 2016, Windows 10, Power Shell, AD
- You hold a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any similar practice
- Oracle Certified Administrator (OCA) required
- You have a good awareness of ITIL processes (change control, incident management etc.), ITIL foundation is a plus.
- Knowledge of IFS system is a BIG plus
- Experience with root cause analysis in own area
- As you will be supporting many nationalities/people it is vital that you have a strong customer service mindset and will be able to communicate with people at all levels and effectively in speech, in writing, and in presentations.
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.