Do you want to provide first class IT support to vessels and global offices in Maersk Supply Service? Are you looking for an opportunity to travel and be involved in important IT projects? If so this is the best time to join our newly built IT Support team in Manila.
We are looking for a Senior Specialist, IT Support who will be part of a global team that manages, supports, maintains and upgrades the IT infrastructures onboard the vessels and offices in the global Maersk Supply Service fleet.
You will be part of a truly international company, with our employees representing 32 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mind-set and culture.
We believe people thrive best when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions and practices. We are performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. You can expect a dynamic stream of challenges and opportunities gener-ated by the ambitions and changing needs of our business.
Maersk Supply Service builds on 50-year heritage and give access to knowledge and experience accumulated from all Maersk Business Units while at the same time being lean organisation allowing to make quick decisions and direct impact across functions and departments. As IT Operations and Support department is in the development process we have a unique opportunity to influence the way we are going to operate in the years to come.
- Analyzes, documents and investigates the problems and identifies solutions
- System, server, infrastructure performance issues that is also collaborated with IT Operations
- Focuses on reducing the number of incidents and improving the overall support processes and customer experience
- Provides support on daily operations, handles phone and email support primarily to the vessels
- Processes the necessary documentations and data collections, monitor system performance and perform required action, respond to mails within the allowed time
- Ensures standard tasks are transferred to the Service Desk through well documented SOP's.
- Avoids occurrence of errors and take preventive measures to eliminate repetition of errors.
- Suggests and initiates value adding activities that will help to improve all tasks related to vessel IT process.
- Maintains close communication with customers and update them on the progress of the IT tasks.
- Takes ownership of priority tickets to be represented on the Daily Operations Call Report
- Provides onsite support to Maersk Supply Service vessels in APAC region
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a structured person with an analytical and creative mindset who can find solutions using only the available onboard hardware/software and the assistance of the vessels crew.
You will have a relevant IT education with PC/server hardware knowledge, knowledge of server administration and support and experience with providing end user support. Knowledge from the maritime business is an advantage, but not essential.
As you will be supporting many nationalities/people, it is vital that you are outgoing and have excellent communication skills in English.
- Proven background on Windows Server based infrastructure
- Proven background on networking on both LAN and WAN setup
- Knowledge with Hyper-V Management service including Virtual Server setup and configuration.
- Knowledge in Firewall devices and Router configuration.
- Should have basic troubleshooting knowledge of PCs, printers, and other peripherals that is commonly used in an office environment
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office applications including basic troubleshooting and support services.
- Knowledge with creation or modification of Powershell scripts is an advantage
- Knowledge on Testing system foundation on ITIL framework (Advantage)
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.