Are you a self-motivating person with a strong drive and a structured approach to working? Are you looking for opportunity to be involved on important IT projects? Then this might be the right challenge for you
We are looking for Senior Specialist for Microsoft Azure Cloud Monitoring who will be responsible for our Azure Cloud infrastructure with focus on Monitoring and Cost Optimization.
The role will sit within the newly formed IT Operations team in Mandaluyong Philippines and will be en-gaged on global IT operations of Maersk Supply Service
You will be part of a truly international company, with our employees representing 32 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mind-set and culture.
We believe people thrive best when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions and practices. We are performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. You can expect a dynamic stream of challenges and opportunities generated by the ambitions and changing needs of our business.
Maersk Supply Service builds on 50-year heritage and give access to knowledge and experience accumu-lated from all Maersk Business Units while at the same time being lean organisation allowing to make quick decisions and direct impact across functions and departments. As IT Operations and Support department is in the development process we have a unique opportunity to influence the way we are going to operate in the years to come.
You will be a subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure across the Maersk Supply Service globally. Within this scope your responsibilities would include:
- Diagnose and rectify any problems related to Azure services
- Design and implement Azure dashboards and PowerBI dashboards based on Ops team monitoring re-quirements
- Create and manage Azure alerts based on Ops team monitoring requirements
- Design and implement Azure alert reaction scripts in Runbooks or Logic Apps
- Manage OMS/Log analytics solution, i.e. collect logs from all infrastructure components, build ad-hoc que-ries, build dashboards
- Manage OMS/Log analytics agents deployed on our infrastructure
- Manage Azure resources: VM, Resource groups, Storage account, Load balancers
- Monitor the cloud infrastructure on all aspects, i.e. availability, performance, capacity, security, via Azure Dashboards and Azure Alerts
- Monitor Azure subscription cost and constantly optimize our OPEX.
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Create and maintain SOPs for IT Support
- Manage and/or participate in major incident resolution
If assigned to projects, you will be expected to work with project managers to ensure managed system changes/tasks are completed to meet business requirements.
You will have significant responsibility from the start and be expected to execute and deliver on time and in line with the MSS IT framework, targets and business needs. We expect you to identify opportunities to improve our overall operational performance & saving costs within the network infrastructure.
- System/application monitor request and fulfilment
System ownership & reporting
- Azure OMS/Log analytics
- Azure Alert
- Azure Dashboard
- Monthly and Yearly Azure cost overview and break-down reports
Who we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate shall be a resilient team player who is goal-orientated, with high personal integrity and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work independently
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in a similar position with proven experience in setting up and managing Azure monitoring and OMS/Log analytics.
- You have a proven experience in building Azure and PowerBI dashboards
- You have a good understanding and experience of Azure cloud: Azure Alert, Azure Dashboard, OMS/Log analytics, Azure automation, Azure VM, Storage accounts, Azure cost management, Policy, Security Center.
- You have a good understanding and experience of the of the following technologies: Power BI, Power Shell, Scripting, OMS query language.
- You have a good awareness of ITIL processes (change control, incident management etc.), ITIL foundation is a plus.
- You hold a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any similar practice and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
- Someone who has flexibility to travel as per business needs.
- As you will be supporting many nationalities/people it is vital that you have a strong customer service mindset and will be able to communicate with people at all levels and effectively in speech, in writing, and in presentations.