Shape the future of the offshore support industry!
Do you have the knowledge and experience to solve the many exciting daily challenges related to our offshore cranes? Join us in this unique position that connects you to the world, both on - and offshore, and gives you a long-term career development opportunity.
You will join our Technical Support team in Lyngby, dedicated to supporting technical processes on a global scale. Here, you will get the opportunity to work with the latest technical developments within offshore subsea operations and lifting appliances and use your expertise to optimise these.
Collaborating with highly dedicated colleagues, partners and clients on interesting challenges, you will become the subject matter expert on offshore cranes. You will, however, have your fellow colleagues, including a crane specialist, naval architects, project managers and other experts to collaborate with on projects and share knowledge with.
The challenges we meet on a daily basis are many and quite different as we have worldwide presence at sea and onshore and many vessels to perform an array of tasks for internal divisions and our many international clients. Meet our fleet here.
As an important member of our team, you will proactively take part in daily operational troubleshooting, provide guidance to and solve ongoing challenges for internal and external clients.
- Develop, communicate and document lifting plans and procedures, ensuring safe and efficient lifting campaigns for our clients and crews
- Explore new and innovative lifting solutions and manage modification projects to improve current lifting procedures, vessels and equipment
- Provide guidance and instructions for safe lifting operations as well as technical know-how in the use of lifting equipment
- Identify and rectify any issues occurring related to the safe and efficient operation of our cranes
- Travel up to 30 days per year to collaborate with other technical departments and work hands-on on critical projects
Who we are looking for:
With your collaborative, self-driven nature and excellent communication skills, you are comfortable with addressing issues and finding solutions to complex lifting-related challenges. You are aware of the importance of details and focus on creating value for the business and our many international clients. Furthermore, you have:
- Extensive experience with offshore crane management, including assessment, implementation, maintenance and upgrading, preferably in a supervisory role
- Preferably, an engineering degree
- Solid communication skills in English
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and will end the recruitment process once the right candidate has been found
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.