Do you know everything worth knowing about vessel management to deliver high standard performance during anchor handling, towing, supply and dynamic positioning activities? Would you like to share that knowledge with others promoting a learning environment amongst the team, ensuring optimal marine operations and future improvements?
This is your chance to apply for Maersk Supply Service which is looking for skilled and experienced Captain to make part of our fleet.
A key position in Maersk Supply Service will expose you to challenging opportunities to contribute with and develop your competencies on technically advanced vessels. You will also have the chance to influence and optimize efficiency and procedures in line with increasing empowerment of our vessels.
You will be part of a truly international company. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times.
- Ensure that Company procedures are adhered to at all times by crew members and 3rd parties onboard the vessel.
- Implement the health, safety and environmental protection policies on board the vessel and motivation of all crewmembers to observe their intended and implied requirements.
- Promote environmental awareness on board.
- Ensure proper planning of voyages and navigation according to Company procedure.
- Familiarize with the area the vessel is working in and with support of the Operations Department to ensure an efficient operation in all ways, navigational as well as cost wise.
- Ensure by inspection that the level of maintenance of the vessel is to the standard required by the Company.
- Ensure that vessel certificates are kept up to date and kept in a safe place and that they are accessible for inspection by various authorities.
- Check that all personnel have the qualifications required by STCW, customers and the Company, the prescribed manning level for the vessel is complied with and that documentation concerning crew qualification is kept in a safe place and readily available for inspection by various authorities.
- Ensure all required security procedures are enforced in accordance with international, flag state, customer and Company requirements.
- Ensure that all inspections and audits by authorities, customers and Company are managed in a professional manner and that findings are dealt with promptly ensuring that the reason for the noncompliance is identified, and dealt with in a swift and efficient way.
- Be responsible for ensuring proper medical treatment is given on board.
- Ensure all communication with customers and Company is dealt with promptly.
Who we are looking for:
- Captains with minimum 12 months of sailing time in-rank with experience on Offshore Vessels.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has managerial skills and enjoys working on multicultural teams.
- You are result oriented and have a cost mindset
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and a good team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese is a must have for this position.
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.